Monday, August 1, 2011

Refinishing!

Ahh! I am so excited about my recent craigslist.com steal! A man in Austell, GA was getting rid of his Grandmothers furniture since she recently passed, God bless her soul. He is completely overwhelmed and has NO idea of the value of some of the pieces she had. I wish him the best of luck and thanks!

My lovely freebie from him was an awesome antique desk. It needs some love, but it is SOLID wood and with a little tlc this piece will be awesome! It even has a file drawer which is an awesome plus for me!

So, without further ado, here is my beauty in the making!
Isn't she a beaut!?

Add some sanding, yellow paint!, a protective finish, and new hardware (or maybe the same hardware, I haven't decided yet) and this is going to be a GREAT piece!

Yes, I've decided yellow. I've been dying to have a yellow piece of furniture since seeing this next piece one of my favorite blogs 4men1lady, and it will be a pop of yellow for my new living room plan!
It is definitely time to embrace my yellow love and go for it!


Oh and while I am at it, I'm going to refinish a few other projects I've been stacking up!

This lovely's previous owner had cats that just clawed the legs to death!
You can't really see it, but the legs need some serious sanding down. The owner also tried to stain the wood, and I do apologize for being blunt but, they kind of failed. It is super streaky and the wood isn't sealed.

Well I've got my work cut out for me! Thursday is the day! I can't wait for the outcomes!

No comments:

Post a Comment